Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First blog post in over 4 months... and I'm promoting another blog.


At least it's MY other blog.

There is no legitimate reason why I have not written on this blog.  It's not that things haven't happened that merit documentation... a horrible immigration law passed by intolerant Arizona politicians, and the protest movements that sprang up, occupied most of my free time in my remaining weeks in Phoenix.  While it should have been written about as it happened, day by day, for many reasons it didn't.  I apologize for that.  The summary and timeline of events that I WILL write won't equate to a minute-by-minute record, but they will be something.  

My purpose for writing THIS entry is about the reason why I didn't write about the above situation (follow?).  I am volunteering overseas for a month, and have set up a blog to document my experiences in Karanga and Moshi, Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania, AFRICA.  Yes.  A lifelong dream is about to be realized.  So while this blog remains on hiatus for at least another 4 weeks, you can follow my adventures abroad at jenstanzaniajournal.blogspot.com, documenting a perspective--a lifetime's worth of experience--from the other side of the world.

Paz,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment